Abstract Submission & Guidelines
1. ISA membership is mandatory for any type of participation in ISACON including award paper, platform paper presentation, poster presentation etc.
Note: It will take minimum 3 days to get membership after applying online.
Please apply for membership of ISA, well in advance, to participate in abstract submission for any of the category of ISA Presentation.
2. Registration for ISACON 2022 is a prerequisite for any presentation
3. Eligibility :
• It is mandatory that the first (main) author should be the presenting author and the award will only be given to the first author.• Maximum two abstract are allowed per delegate.
• The abstract must be original and should not be published or presented elsewhere earlier.
4. There are 2 modes of presentation: Platform Paper and Poster Presentation. Please select the category as per your choice from the selections available. You have second choice of presentation also available. You can avail that second choice which will be taken as your choice in case the reviewer advises accordingly.
5. All the abstracts will be reviewed by reviewer committee and the final decision of allowing the presentation of your choice or change in category or rejection will remain as per the discretion of ISA Abstract Review Committee and ISA Scientific and Academic Committee.
6. Please mention the designation of presenting author, viz:• Resident, Senior Resident, Junior Lecturer (Tutor), Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Professor, Corporate Hospital Consultant, Private Practitioner, etc.
7. Notifications regarding submission will be sent to corresponding author after submission.
8. Acceptance will be notified only after review and revision. Rights of acceptance/ rejection rests with the scientific committee and it is final.
9. Last date for submission of abstract is 30 September 2022.
10. The authors may opt to apply for various award sessions if interested, but final decision rests with organizing committee and the ISA scientific committee regarding final selection based on review.
11. A maximum of 4 Authors are allowed for each abstract (including the presenting author). One will be the Presenting Author and the others will be co-author.
12. Abstracts have to be submitted online at www.isacon2022.com. Submission of offline soft copy/ submission by mail or hard copy submissions are not accepted under any circumstance.
13. Presentation of platform paper/poster presentation are by the first author only. The 2nd or 3rd author will be allowed to present only under exceptional circumstances, with prior permission of the organizing scientific committee chairperson.
14. The presenting author’s name must be highlighted and the presenting author’s full name, institution, address for communication, phone number and email address must be provided. Email address and Mobile number is mandatory as all further communications will be done via email.
15. Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in presentation” will not be accepted.
16. Abstracts will be published in the official publication of ISACON 2022 and IJA – ISACON supplements.
17. The presenting author is required to ensure that all co authors are aware of the contents of the abstract before submission.
18. The abstracts submitted will be sent for review. Such abstracts requiring corrections as per reviewers comment should be revised and resubmitted within 5 days, failing which the abstracts will be rejected. All revised papers should submit through the ‘Submit Revised Paper’ option.
General Guidelines for Research Paper presentation (Papers, Posters) and Guidelines
Guidelines for Research Paper (Free paper) / platform Paper Presentation:
1. Title slide should contain ISA logo apart from their institutional logo (preferably at right upper corner), the title and the names of all authors mentioned in abstract.
2. Presentation must include the major headings – Introduction, Methods, Statistical analysis, Results, Discussion, Conclusion and References
3. Introduction – mention about need for study, aims & objectives, lacunae in existing literature.
4. Methods – mention type and design of study, study location and population, ethics clearance, clinical trial registration number if any, inclusion and exclusion criteria, blinding, randomization, sample size estimation, methodology proper with parameters studied and statistical details.
5. Results – details of demographics, primary and secondary outcome measures, safety profile details, with use of suitable illustrations.
6. Discussion – include inferences from results (not repetition of values), confounding variables, comparison with previous literature, limitations and future scope.
7. Conclusion – to be precise and focused on primary aim of the study. (Do not mention limitations, future scope in or after conclusion slide).
8. References: only pertinent references to be added.
Guidelines for Poster Preparation:
• Stipulated time for Poster Presentation is 3 min + 2 min (Discussions).
ISA Award Sessions (Papers / Posters) and Guidelines
|1. Dr. M. T. Bhatia Young Pain Physician Award|
The protocol of the Dr M T Bhatia award for Chronic & Cancer pain.
1. Only ISA life members can submit the nomination
2. He or she should be within 10 years after post-graduation
3. The award is restricted to research on Chronic pain or cancer pain
4. It will be a 8 minutes presentation + 2 minutes discussion
5. Total duration of the session will be 90 minutes
6. Only 8 nominations will be selected for the presentation in this session at the time of conference
|2. Dr. KOP’s Award|
Dr KOP’s award will be given for research work under various categories (mentioned below). It can include any form of Clinical, Experimental, Descriptive and Interventional or Cohort studies. Award will be given to the best scientific paper presented for the respective specialty chapter at the ISACON 2022 Conference. There will be a total 8 awards, one for each subspecialty. Stipulated time for paper presentation is 6 min + 2 min (discussion) for free papers and e papers, 7 min + 2 min(discussion) for award category papers.
1. Cardiac Anaesthesia
2. Neuro Anaesthesia
4. Obstetric Anaesthesia
4. Obstetric Anaesthesia
5. Paediatric & Neonatal Anaesthesia including Neonatal Intensive Care
6. Clinical Pharmacology
7. Trauma and Critical care
8. Practitioners Forum (Organizational Forum)
|3. ISACON Jaipur Award|
ISACON Jaipur Award is for the best paper under the categories,
2. Acute Pain / Perioperative pain
3. Day Care / Ambulatory Anesthesia
Prizes will be awarded separately for each category. Papers submitted for this award will not be considered for any other award categories.
|4. Ish Narani Best Poster Award :|
Ish Narani best poster award is given to the 3 best posters presented during the Coference.
|5. Lt. Dr. TN Jha & Lt. Dr. K.P. Chansoria Medal and Travelling Grant Award|
The candidates will be nominated, one from each state ISA (winners of state session) for the Final Award Session. Only ISA member – anaesthesia postgraduate students are permitted to participate.
|6. ISA Ludhiana Award for Best Poster and Travelling Grant Award|
The candidates will be nominated, one from each state ISA (winners of state session) for the final Award Session. This ‘competition and traveling grants’ is only for anaesthesia postgraduate students whose poster is adjudged as the Best Poster in their state level PG poster competition.
ISA Special Award Sessions (5 Sessions) and Guidelines
1. ISA “OM” (ONE MINUTE) SESSION:
- This session Consists of One-minute PowerPoint presentation on any topic by any Life member (not for Trainees / Life Associate Members) on any Anaesthesia / Critical Care / Pain / Palliative Care (practice, devices, new knowledge, innovations, software, anecdotal experience, medico-legal, etc.,)
- The applicants will be chosen for final presentation based on short write up of topic to be presented. (See below / upload area for details)
- The ISA Academic Committee in coordination with the Scientific Committee of ISACON will choose the best among the submissions for the two sessions of 30 minutes each through blinded online review system and inform the finalists through SMS and E mail by 25 October 2022.
- The decision of the scientific committee is final and will not be changed.
Applicants should submit short write up of topic to be presented (max. 150 words only) through designated website link
- Submissions are to be made only through the link in ISACON 2022 Website. Submissions through e mail/ abstract portal will not be considered.
- The on-stage presentation shall consist of ONE Minute PPT with Maximum 3 slides and can include text, illustrations and videos (no pre-recorded audio allowed). The first slide of the 3 slides should be title slide.
The Last Date for the submission is 30 September 2022
2. ISA “TRAINEE TALENT” AWARD SESSION:
- This session consists of presentation by trainees / post graduates (DA, MD, DNB, DM) who are Life Associate Members of ISA
- The applicant shall be an active trainee /PG as on 30th Nov 2022. A certificate duly signed by the Head of the department to this effect shall be submitted online (check below / upload area)
- The applicants will be chosen for final presentation based on a one-minute video, of presenter presenting a PowerPoint presentation on any anaesthesia topic of their choice (see below for details/ upload area)
- The final onstage presentation for selected presenters shall be for 5 min on a lecture topic allotted by the Scientific Committee of ISACON 2022 and can include videos/ illustrations. However, pre voice recorded videos are strictly prohibited and such presentations will not be eligible for prizes.
- The Academic Committee of ISA in coordination with the Scientific Committee of ISACON will choose the best 20 (twenty only) among the submissions for the session through blinded online review system and inform the finalists through SMS and Email by 30 September 2022.
- Applicants should submit a preliminary video of “one minute ONLY” on anaesthesia / Critical Care / Pain / Palliative Care topic through a designated link in the ISACON 2022 website.
- Submissions through e mail/ abstract portal will not be considered (unless specifically asked by the Committee)
- The acceptable formats allowed for video upload are MPEG/MP/WMV and the videos should strictly be less than 1 MB size. (If video is more than a minute, APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED STRAIGHT AWAY)
- This One-minute presentation shall not reveal the name and institute affiliation of the presenter or any other names / identities in the video. If found so, THE APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED STRAIGHTAWAY
- Submissions other than through the designated link in website (e mail/ abstract portal) will not be considered
- The Last Date for the submission is 30 September 2022
3. ISA “DR. B.B.MISHRA YOUNG ANAESTHESIOLOGIST” AWARD SESSION:
- This session consists of presentation by young Anaesthesiologists defined as Senior Resident or Assistant Professor or Practitioner (all with less than 10 years post first PG degree, including those who do DNB post DA after time gap), who are Life Members of ISA
- They should not have presented lectures as faculty (speaker/ chairperson) / young speaker at National conferences of ISA earlier
- A self-declaration to this effect (above two) shall be submitted online
- The final onstage presentation for selected presenters shall be for 6 min (plus 1 min discussion) of a lecture topic allotted by the Scientific Committee
- Please provide documents to support your educational qualification and designation (Degree certificate and registration certificate, Present appointment letter).
- If selected, the presenter will NOT be eligible to participate in the same session in future ISACON (National).
- The ISA Academic Committee in coordination with the Scientific Committee of ISACON will choose the best among the applications through blinded online review system and inform the finalists through SMS and E mail by 25 October 2022.
- Submissions are only through the designated link in ISACON 2022 website. Submissions through e mail/ abstract portal will not be considered.
- The applicant shall submit the CV and related details mentioned above (including Degree Certificate & Medical Council Registration Certificate) online with necessary attachments as proof. Certificates of paper presentation and first page of papers published are considered as proof for presentation and publication. Please do not upload certificates of attendance as delegates for ISA conferences/ workshops. They do not have any consideration. Size of each image should not exceed 50 kB.
- The Last Date for the submission is 30 September 2022.
4. ISA “ALL BY MYSELF” AWARD SESSION:
- This session consists of presentation by ANY life member of ISA about his/her experience of difficulty/ complications /catastrophic / near catastrophic events, etc. in his/ her practice
- The presentation shall convey what and how the event was encountered, detected and managed, single handed / ALL ALONE
- He / she may be assisted by OT technicians and ward boys while managing the case / situation (Postgraduate support is also considered as two anaesthesiologists, hence does not fit for this program)
- Case / management /encounter shall be preferably in a resource limited/ rural setting
- There should not be gross deviation from accepted standard scientific practice related to the reported/ presented scenario/ case
- Applicants should submit a short write up of presenting topic through online portal for review and possible final selection.
- The final onstage presentation for selected presenters shall be for 5 min only with 1 min discussion
- The Academic Committee of ISA in coordination with the Scientific Committee of ISA will choose the best among the applications through blinded online review system and inform the finalists through SMS and E mail by 25 October 2022
- The decision of the Committee is final and will not be changed.
- Submissions are only through the designated link in website. Submissions through e mail/ abstract portal will not be considered. (Unless specifically asked by the Committees)
- Applicants should submit a short write up (maximum 250 words excluding title) of presenting topic through online portal, which will be screened by Academic Committee of ISA in coordination with Scientific Committee of ISACON for final selection.
- The need for deviation in management of case / innovation should be highlighted clearly. Necessary videos and photos may be used for presentation, but pre-recorded voice in videos is strictly prohibited
- The Last date for Submission is 30 September 2022
5. THE ISA INNOVATION AWARD SESSION
- This session consists of presentation by life member / Associate Life member of ISA about his/her innovation related to help and improvement in practice of anaesthesia and patient management in terms of machines, devices, technology, automation, networking, Applications (web and mobile), etc. for diagnosis, management, prophylaxis, data storage and analysis, Innovative Teaching modules / Apps for students, etc.
- The submission shall convey the physical, chemical, biological and technological basis of the innovation, its design / formula, discuss the usage in lab / mannikins / animals / simulations / clinical cases / trials, etc.,
- The safety and ethical considerations / whether Ethical Committee
Approval is taken for safety profile and use in practice/ in vivo
- Issues related to copyright, patenting if any Production / manufacture Considerations in India (‘make in India’)/ abroad
- Economic considerations
- Can the ISA Innovation Committee and IJA help? Elucidate in your preparation
- Applicants should submit a short write up (of less than 1000 words) of their innovation through online portal for review and possible final selection.
- The Innovation Committee of ISA in coordination with the Scientific Committee of ISACON will choose the best among the applications through online review system and inform the finalists through SMS and E mail by 15 September 2022
- There will be 6 final presenters and the final onstage presentation for selected presenters shall be for 3 min only with 2 min discussion
- The decision of the Committee is final and will not be changed.
Submission Details :
- Submissions Open at 9 AM on August 1st 2022 and Closes at 5 PM on 31st August 2022 in the ISACON 2022 website.
- Submissions are only through the designated link in website.
Submissions through e mail/ abstract portal will not be considered. (Unless specifically asked by the Committees)
- Applicants should submit a short write up (maximum 150 words excluding title) of presenting topic through online portal, which will be screened by Innovation Committee of ISA in coordination with Scientific Committee of ISACON for final selection.
- There will be a 30 min session in ISACON National Conference on 1/2/3 day.
- The final 6 participants will be chosen by the Innovation Committee and informed to the ISACON Scientific Committee
- The award winner and others are encouraged to interact with ISA Innovation Committee and the Committee will guide them on further technological update, copyright, patent, marketing in the field
- The participants will receive certificate and an award will be given to the best Innovation